Rising Stars in Civil Engineering and Rising Stars in Structural Engineering Awards
Objective: Recognize civil and structural engineers 40 years old or younger working in the United States who have shown exceptional technical capability, leadership ability, effective teaching or research, and/or public service benefiting the civil or structural engineering professions, their employers, project owners, and/or society. Nominees selected as Rising Stars in Structural Engineering and Rising Stars in Civil Engineering will be featured in articles in the March 2013 issue of Structural Engineer and the April 2013 issue of CE News, respectively.
- Nominees must be 40 years of age or younger as of Dec. 31, 2012, and working in the United States as a civil engineer or structural engineer for a private firm (or self employed), public agency (i.e., federal, state, county, or city), non-profit organization, or educational or research institution.
- Nominees should have a record of demonstrated exceptional ability and professional accomplishments related to civil or structural engineering in one or more of the following capacities: project design; management; leadership; teaching; research; and/or public service.
- All nominations must be made online at www.zweigwhite.com/risingstarsaward. Please select the appropriate category - civil engineer or structural engineer - and provide sufficient information about nominees as requested on the nomination form.
- The nomination period opens on Dec. 1, 2012 and closes at midnight (Eastern time) on Jan. 31, 2013.
- Any private firm, public-sector agency, or educational or research institution may submit a maximum of four nominations in each category - civil engineering and structural engineering.
- There is no charge for submitting nominations or for any engineer selected as a Rising Star to be featured in the CE News or Structural Engineer articles.
- Each nomination should include a publication-quality digital photo (jpg or tiff file) of the nominee - 2 by 3 inches or larger at a resolution of 300 dpi. This can be uploaded at www.zweigwhite.com/risingstarsaward; the image file name should include the nominee's name.
- All completed nominations submitted by the deadline will be considered by judges representing CE News magazine, Structural Engineer magazine, and/or ZwiegWhite. Nominees with incomplete nomination forms may not be considered in the selection process.
- Rising Stars in Civil Engineering and Rising Stars in Structural Engineering will be selected from the nominations at the discretion of the judges based solely on the information submitted via the online form.
- Nominees selected as Rising Stars in Civil Engineering and Rising Stars in Structural Engineering will be notified via email on or before March 1, 2013.