The Principals Academy
A total management course for architecture, engineering and environmental firm leaders
Upgrade your business management skills
The Principals Academy is a crash course in all aspects of managing a professional service firm. The program is presented by a TEAM of speakers—including ZweigWhite founder and CEO Mark Zweig—with extensive experience working with and for A/E firms. They have a clear understanding of what it takes to survive, and even thrive, in any economy.
|March 27-28, 2014||Scottsdale, AZ - Register|
|June 12-13, 2014||Pittsburgh, PA - Register|
|September 18-19, 2014||Los Angeles, CA - Register|
|November 13-14, 2014||Miami, FL - Register|
The two-day agenda covers six critical areas of business management from the unique perspective of architecture, engineering, and environmental consulting firms, and is presented in tutorial and case study workshop sessions.
- Business Planning
- Financial Management
- Project Management
- Ownership Transition Planning
- Human Resources Management
- Marketing/Business Development
Who should attend:
- Presidents, CEOs, CFOs, and COOs of architecture, engineering, planning, environmental consulting, and construction businesses
- AEC firm owners
- Experienced principals looking to enhance their knowledge
- Legal, accounting, insurance, consulting, and advisors specialized in the AEC industry
- Associates and recently-names principals
- Department, division and branch managers
- Project Managers and senior technical staff
- Anyone who aspires to become a principal in an A/E/P Firm
- Teams of current and future A/E/C and Environmental firm leaders
Why attend Principals Academy:
- Learn what it takes to be a successful leader in this business
- Hear about industry best practices that the most-successful firms use to stay on top
- Gain a wider perspective on A/E firm management
- Return armed with leadership and teambuilding strategies to share with other principals, managers, and staff
You will learn about these critical elements of
- How to develop a business plan that will help your firm succeed
- The fundamentals of sound financial management
- The keys to managing projects efficiently and profitably
- How to find and keep top level talent
- How to ensure the firm’s survival through ownership transition
Your course fee includes:
A comprehensive seminar workbook, continental breakfast, lunch, and refreshments each day. Plus, you're invited to join seminar presenters and fellow attendees for an open-bar cocktail and networking reception in the hotel at the conclusion of the first day.
Special Feature: Case Study Workshop
The Principals Academy program includes a case study workshop session that will provide an opportunity to practice implementing these management strategies in a supervised test case scenario. Participants will be divided into small groups to examine and solve real “A/E world” management issues and will present their analysis and final recommendations to all the attendees.
Attendees of The Principals Academy can earn 12 CEUs. ZweigWhite is registered with the AIA for continuing professional education credits. All attendees receive a certificate of attendance indicating the number of credit hours approved by the AIA.